- New Consumer Protection measures Dec 17, 2014
New consumer protection measures come into effect from 1 January 2015.
- Changes to the Building Act Dec 18, 2013
There have been changes to the Building Act (the Act) that affect the work of building practitioners and the home handyman.
- Transforma ladders May 6, 2013
In April the Commerce Commission issued a safety warning about two models of Transforma multi-purpose ladder.
- Good news from EQC May 2, 2013
The Earthquake Commission (EQC) is now allowing Christchurch homeowners to install new insulation in areas exposed by earthquake damage that weren’t previously insulated.
- Advertiser makes misleading window film claim Dec 21, 2012
A claim that a window film would "keep in 90% of your home's heat" was likely to mislead consumers the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has found.
Buying an apartment
Faulty materials, problems with a tradesperson...Get help here